Sonntag, 15. Juli 2012

Ubuntu 10.04 has old PostGIS version

For the setup of my mapnik cloud server, I also need a new PostGIS database. I do not want to have my data on the cloud server, therefore I installed the database on a permanently hosted server (and pray that the connection between both servers is fast enough). This server runs on Ubuntu 10.04 and I followed these installation instructions for the DB setup:  http://switch2osm.org/serving-tiles/manually-building-a-tile-server/
But what a disappointment,  the Ubuntu package postgresql-8.4-postgis installs a verision 1.4 of Postgis on the 8.4 Postgres. 
But I have already migrated all map data from my PostGIS 2.0 installation and only hit the problem when I wanted to migrate the elevation data. But this doesn't work. The required database functions are not compatible.
Now I have to start from the beginning again.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen